Unit 2 - Energy & States of Matter Part 1
2. Relate observations of diffusion to particle motion.
3. Relate observations regarding the addition of energy to particle
4. Explain, at the particle level, how a thermometer measures the
temperature of the system.
5. Explain the basis for the Celsisus temperature scale.
6. State the basic tenets of Kinetic Molecular Therory(KMT) as they
relate to gases
7. Explain the cause of gas pressure.
8. Predict the
effect of changing P, V, or T on any other variables and explain (in terms of collisions of particles) why the change has
the effect you predicted.
9. Explain the basis for the Kelvin scale. Keep in mind
that one must use the absolute temperature scale to solve gas problems.
10. Use factors
to calculate the new P, V, or T. Make a decision as to how the change affects the variable you are solving for.
Unit 2 Documents
Unit 2 WS 1
Unit 2 WS2
Unit 2 WS3
Unit 2 Review WS